At MHDS, we have a chance to make a meaningful impact on the lives of intellectually disabled adults every day. It can be a very personally fulfilling career if you enjoy spontaneous smiles and knowing you’re important to those served.
Who We Work With
All of our persons supported have been diagnosed with a primary intellectual disability and some have additional physical disabilities. You need to be willing to work with a range of mild to profound levels of intellectual and physical differences.
What We Offer You
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance available at fair market cost
- Paid Time Off (PTO) including vacation days based on years of service, sick leave and major holidays
Applicable to all persons seeking employment at MHDS
Physically able to perform the essential functions of the job as described in the essential duties and responsibilities sections including: walking, bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, sitting, reaching overhead and lifting up to fifty (50) pounds.
Must be able to safely lift, transport, and transfer individuals which may include but is not limited to lifting and transferring in and/or out of a vehicle, bed or wheelchair. As necessary, lifting may be required to assist with the individual’s daily living skills.
- Must be 21 years old or older
- Must have High School Diploma/GED
- Must have the ability to deal respectfully with others, to use good judgment and to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
- Must express ideas clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- Special consideration will be given to an applicant with previous experience working with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Maintain valid driver’s license, meet all insurance requirements and be approved by management to be a driver of agency or personal vehicles used during your assigned work hours.
- Must successfully complete all required training which includes basic computer and emailing skills.
Represent MHDS in a professional manner in dealing with the person supported, family members, guardians, other agencies, and other outside professionals as well as in the community.
Perform other duties as assigned.
To see a list of all current job openings, click here.