We are always so grateful to those who donate their finances, items, and time! We always have opportunities for you to help us in the way that suits you the best, so please take a look at how you can help us below!
Donate Financial Resources
Help provide activities and opportunities to those we serve through your financial investment. We need help to provide special occasions, holiday gifts, send persons supported to athletic competitions, pay for end of life expenses, upgrade technology, furnish assistive devices and much more. Whether it’s a one-time investment or a recurring monthly or quarterly donation, we assure you it will make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
Click here to make a financial donation through PayPal. **If you are making a memorial or honorary donation, you will be able to provide that information after your payment to PayPal is complete.
Purchase a Tribute Garden Brick
MHDS has been advancing the quality of life for intellectually disabled adults since 1972. We’re offering you a chance to memorialize those you’ve lost and honor those you admire with a permanent tribute of a brick paver incorporated at one or more of our locations.
Click here to download the order form.
Donate your Merchandise
New or gently used household items we need:
- Living Room Furniture (Sofas, chairs, loveseats, tables, lift recliner, etc.)
- Dining Room Furniture (Tables, chairs)
- Bedroom Furniture (mattress, box springs, hospital bed, dresser, chest, etc.)
- Large Appliances (washer, dryer, refrigerator, etc.)
- Small appliances (microwave, toaster, blender, etc.)
- Framed prints
- Picture frames
- Decorative items
- Bedding (comforter, shams, sheets, etc.)
- Bath towels, washcloths, etc.\
- Kitchen towels, pot holders, etc.
- Canister Sets
- Storage bins – Food Containers
- Laundry or cleaning supplies
- TV and/or DVD players
- Crank Flashlights or Weather radios
Health/fitness aids in good working condition:
- Low Impact exercise DVDs
- Handheld weights – Balance balls
- Treadmills – Stationary or recumbent bicycles
- Wheel Chairs/Scooters
- Shower chairs – Toileting equipment
Gift items for men or women:
- DVDs (G or PG ratings)
- CDs (NO explicit lyrics)
- Cold weather gear (gloves, scarves, etc.)
- Hats or Caps
- Purses or wallets
- T-Shirts or Sweatshirts (L-XXL)
- Bath robes (One Size or L-XXL)
- Movie theater certificates
- Gift wrap/bags, bows, etc.
How To Get Items To Us
You may bring them to one of our workshops listed in the footer of the site or call for pick up. If you wonder if we can use an item, just call us to inquire. If we can’t use it, we’ll suggest an organization that can!
Donate Your Time
Volunteer to help at events, assist during lunch time, clean-up a yard or spend some time with one of our adults. We have a wide range of short and long term opportunities available.
Download our application here to get started.
Spread Our Good News
Please share our stories with your friends and associates!